Thursday, January 22, 2009

Time with the family :)


Hi Friends! I hope things are more than great for you at the moment. I had been spending a lot of time with my family, for the past two days.

Yesterday morning, early morning may I add (yeah, I'm supposed to sleep late, since I'm on vacation), I went jogging together with my dad. He's more than twice my age, so he didn't jog fully, if you know what I mean. Rather, he walked briskly, and jogged a little. It was fun! I remember when I was younger, as in MUCH younger, like minus 20 years from my age now, my dad used to take me and my sister to go jogging regularly after he came back from work. I could still remember him teaching us how to avoid vicious dogs from attacking us by just squatting down. To the dogs, it seemed like we are picking up stones to throw at them. AND IT WORKS ALL THE TIME! Ancient wisdom passed down for generations, no doubt. Will be going for breakfast together with him tomorrow morning - to eat my Sarawak laksa! Mmmmm...

And a few hours ago today, my younger brother asked me to go catch Cape No. 7, a Taiwanese romantic movie, the last day it is being shown here in Kuching. And then we adjourned to dinner - glorious Kuching food - tomato kueh tiao, kueh chap, matterhorn... no kolo mee, since I had already had 3 packs of it!!! LOL And of course, I accompanied him to play DOTA, since he's like looking forward to beat me since the last time we played 3 years ago. It was fun as well, as I didn't have the opportunity to spend that much time with him, ever since I went to study and work in Selangor more than 10 years ago, and also when he went to study in Toowoomba 2 years ago and only graduated like last year. Well, one thing I learnt - nope I did not ask him - is that he is still single! Or else why would he invite his older brother to watch a romantic movie together? LOL Ok, in case you are thinking about THAT, nope, he is not gay, or bi.

Next up are my mom and my younger sis. I'm surely looking forward to that :) Will update you when I have time. Have a nice Friday and a great weekend, Friends!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

Happy Chinese New Year, my friend! Eat some for me!

Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks and no problem Ron (eating for you)!

Do you celebrate Chinese New Year? Is there such thing as a Chinese Cambodian?

Monday, January 26, 2009 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger MysLykeMeeh said...

That was really touching--having time for ur family is quite a moment to linger...my family is back home--so i have to spend time with myself and my lapsss--top! lol!

Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:48:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Mys Lyke Meeh, how often do you go back home? It's ok... like they say, distance and absence makes the heart grow fonder :)

I hope that you will see your family soon! Take care!

Friday, January 30, 2009 1:06:00 AM  
Blogger MysLykeMeeh said...

John, I haven't come home yet since then like 2006---lol (i'm cruel) not really--i'm waiting for my papers ---

Saturday, January 31, 2009 5:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home